Secure Garage Storage and Unmatched Amenities
If you’re a car collector, large or small, or a motorsports enthusiast with a favorite car or two that you like to take out to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca or other Northern California circuits for open-track driving days, you likely have one problem.
Where’s the best place to store your cars?
Your residence is never an ideal solution. Your home garage may be overflowing with family vehicles and household items that already cause enough tension between you and your spouse. And every time you go into or out of the garage, you expose your car to the elements.
So, perhaps you’ve been thinking about renting a mini-storage unit or warehouse space. But are those actually viable solutions? Better listen to that voice inside your head.
A Long List of Shortcomings
The two most obvious alternatives to home garage storage — mini-storage and warehouse space — have numerous serious shortcomings.
Mini-storage is not really well-adapted for car storage. Units are typically smaller and may be a very tight fit. Roll-up doors are of the lowest quality and there are no walk-in doors for easy access. In addition, most units aren’t insulated, don’t have alarms and won’t let you work on your car in your unit. Check out a comparison between mini-storage and Monterey Motorsport Park here.
As for warehouse space, that option is really only viable for people with much larger collections — and with the funds to convert a dusty non-insulated space into something suitable for storing a valuable classic car collection.
Garage-Condos with Character
That’s why you’ve got to see Monterey Motorsport Park — the next evolution of garage-condos. This unique facility offers 88 units that are purpose-built for motor vehicles — with an appropriate level of security and a ton of amenities for discerning collectors and motorsports enthusiasts on the Monterey Peninsula.
Located along Highway 68 adjacent to the Monterey Airport, Monterey Motorsport Park offers units ranging from just under 700 sq. ft. to approximately 4,250 sq. ft. The garage-condos are ideal for any number of cars, and will also accommodate larger items such as sprinter vans, a boat and trailer, furniture from a second house or a child’s college apartment, or boxes of business files.
Start with Security…End with a Unique Community Feeling
When you purchase a Monterey Motorsport Park garage-condo, you’ll enjoy unmatched amenities:
- Security safeguards — Completely fenced perimeter with 24×7 access-controlled entrance gates, abundant lighting and video cameras covering common areas — plus all units are individually alarmed
- Out-of-the-box design — Look up…the ceilings soar up to nearly 25 feet, with large roll-up entrance doors for vehicles and standard doors for you and your guests
- Personal office, retreat or qualified business usage — Second floor mezzanines are standard in every unit and most owners plan to customize these into personal spaces — with a desk, sofa, wet bar, and refrigerator — plus a large-screen TV to enjoy their favorite races or sporting events
- Phone-Internet-Cable — Cat 6 wiring provides Internet and phone service, plus additional optional security features — with the option cable hookups as well
- Water and electrical — Units are pre-plumbed for sinks and bathrooms, and each has a 200-amp electrical panel with outlets and upgrades available
- Ownership advantages — Unlike mini-storage, these are units you own, offering you the advantages of a leveraged investment, potential tax benefits, and long-term appreciation — plus you always have the option of leasing your unit to create a steady income stream
- True car community — The vast majority of owners are passionate about their cars or motorcycles just like you are — this will create a sense of community that will make it a fun place to hang out and swap car and track stories
Best Time to Buy
Monterey Motorsport Park is scheduled to start construction this summer, with the grand opening planned for the spring of 2019. But while that may seem a long way off, now is really the best time to buy.
First, you’ll want to get in while the selection is still good. Already, 45% of the space has been spoken for before a shovel of dirt has been turned. But there’s still a broad selection of units, large and small. So, there’s no time to waste.
Second, Monterey Motorsport Park is offering attractive incentives to those who buy during the pre-construction period — including an automatic garage door opener and a polished concrete floor — included with your unit at no additional charge.
For more information, contact our brokers