Nothing like Monterey Motorsport Park is likely to be built on the Monterey Peninsula again
Our world has been upended by the coronavirus outbreak. We’re all coping with the changes to our routines — working from home, avoiding travel, and collaborating via WebEx or Google Hangouts.
While the world has changed for now, in time this will pass. And we’ll be able to get back to doing things we love — dining out, taking vacations, attending Monterey Car Week, or going to the races at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
And that’s when you’ll be glad that you took another look at Monterey Motorsport Park — a unique garage-condo complex and car community perfectly located adjacent to the Monterey airport.
No Other Property Like It
Today, there’s very little buildable land with access to water anywhere on the Monterey Peninsula. In addition, there’s almost no flex specialty commercial space available for car storage and other personal and business uses — with vacancy rates of less than 3%.
Here’s what it took to make Monterey Motorsport Park a reality:
- Identify the right property — A sunny parcel on a rolling hillside along Highway 68, right next to Monterey Regional Airport and minutes from WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
- Obtain water rights — As noted above, it’s very difficult to get water on the Monterey Peninsula, and we were able to secure water rights by having wells on the property, which passed rigorous certification from the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District
- Get entitlements approved — Steer the plans for Monterey Motorsport through the complex, time-consuming planning and approval process with city departments and agencies
- Design and build a stunning community — Work with noted Monterey-based architects, Wald, Ruhnke & Dost, and with SWENSON and Borelli Investment Company to develop and build a four-building complex that’s upscale, tightly secured, yet practical…unlike any other storage facility
An Opportunity Not to be Missed
This combination of factors makes Monterey Motorsport Park a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity — a great place to be now, and an investment that’s likely to retain and increase its value over time. (If you want to run a business here, be sure to check with your CPA to learn more about the substantial tax benefits.)
Approximately two-thirds of the units are either sold or in escrow and closing soon. The remaining garage-condos give interested individuals a decent selection today — but that will be steadily dwindling as buyers move ahead with purchases.
The complex is ideal for people with car or motorcycle collections of any size — as well as motorsports enthusiasts or anyone with personal or business storage needs or who simply want to be part of this fun and dynamic community. Units range from around 700 sq. ft. to 2,100 sq. ft. Luxury amenities include:
- A stylish design with modern clean lines, stone wall treatments and welcoming entry canopies for some units
- Ceilings soaring up to 25 feet, with large 14’x14’ roll-up doors (most units) for easily moving vehicles in and out — and a standard walk-in door for you and your guests
- Mezzanines 13 feet above the garage floor, accessible via an interior staircase. Owners are customizing these spaces into an office or personal retreat — with a large-screen TV, sofa, wet bar, and more to enjoy their favorite races or sporting events
- Internet and cable options for web, TV and phone service
- Completely fenced complex with access-controlled entry gates, abundant lighting, video in common areas, and proactive remote guarding from Elite Interactive Solutions
For more details about Monterey Motorsport Park and our remaining inventory, or to arrange a tour at a convenient time, contact our brokerage team:
- Josh Jones, Mahoney & Associates, email@example.com, (831) 233-2196
- Ryan Clark, Cushman & Wakefield, Ryan.p.Clark@cushwake.com, (831) 755-1635
- Dennis Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org, (408) 605-6760
- You can also get in touch with Gordon McCall, who’s part of the development team and will be relocating his business — McCall Events — to the community upon build-out, at email@example.com or call (831) 372-9311.
- Or you can contact Ralph Borelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 521-7117.