Passion investing — putting a percentage of your wealth into something you love — has become highly popular over the past decade or so. The concept is so well accepted that many investment advisors suggest that their clients allocate a fixed percentage — perhaps 15 to 20% of their wealth — in this investment category.
What’s a passion investment? Typically, it’s something you’d spend your money on even if you weren’t considering it as an investment, which then grows over time as you recognize the value that’s being created by your collection. Here are some of the leading types:
- Collector cars and motorcycles
- Coins, stamps and firearms
- Fine wines
- Historical collectibles
- Sports or entertainment memorabilia
For some, it could even mean buying a small winery or some vineyard acreage to indulge in a passion to produce their own wine. The point is: these are all investments in which you take a great deal of personal pleasure while you watch their value grow over time.
Collector Cars Racing Ahead with 500% Return
One of the fastest moving passion investments has been car collections. In a 2016 report, CNBC’s Deborah Nason said, “Classic cars are gaining attention due to their nearly 500% returns over the past decade, outpacing art and wine by more than 100%, as reported by the Knight Frank Luxury Investment Index.”
The most valued nameplates include Aston Martins, Ferraris and Porsches, but lately a wider range of cars including American muscle cars and more recent models are showing solid gains for collectors as well.
The rapid appreciation in value has shifted cars out of the realm of casual collectibles and into a serious asset class. And just as you wouldn’t tuck away a Picasso or Rembrandt in your closet or keep a wine rack full of $10,000 Bordeaux’s in your front room, it doesn’t make sense to store even a modest collection of classic cars in friends’ garages or a dusty warehouse or ministorage unit.
Monterey Motorsport Park represents the next generation of specialized garage-condos perfectly suited to car collectors’ needs. The four-building complex located just off Hwy 68 adjacent to the Monterey Airport provides security-conscious, access-controlled storage plus a fun car-driven community — with many owners who share your interest in car collecting.
Matching your Passion for Cars
The exclusive, upscale facility has a total of 86 car and storage condos ranging from less than 700 sq. ft. to nearly 2,600 sq. ft.
These garage-condos are ideal for car collectors with any size of collection, RV or boat owners, or anyone who needs additional storage space for their business or personal items such as furniture from a vacation home, recreational equipment, or anything that’s been cluttering your home garage. Attractive features include:
- A stylish design with modern clean lines, stone treatments and welcoming entry canopies
- Ceilings soaring up to 25 feet, with large roll-up doors up to 14’ x 14’, 12’ x 14’ or 12’ x 12’, depending upon your unit’s location — and a standard walk-in door as well
- Mezzanines 13 feet above the garage floor, accessible via an interior staircase. Many owners are planning to customize this space into an office or personal retreat — with a large-screen TV, sofa, wet bar, and more to enjoy their favorite races or sporting events.
- High-speed fiber-optic Internet to opt in to whatever level of Comcast broadband service and cable TV you desire
- Completely fenced complex with access-controlled entry gates, abundant lighting, video in perimeter areas, and a next-generation, pro-active remote guarding service
The best part is: just like the passion assets you’re collecting, your investment at Monterey Motorsport Park has the potential to appreciate in value over the coming years — like precious real estate on the Monterey Peninsula has done for decades. You also have potential tax benefits if you use the space for business purposes. As always, you should consult with your CPA or tax professional about the specific benefits you may enjoy.
Opening Scheduled for Q4 2019
Construction at Monterey Motorsport Park is moving rapidly ahead, with an expected completion in Q4 2019. But now is definitely the best time to reserve your unit!
Not surprisingly with the ideal value and location and these additional benefits, approximately 50% of the units are already sold after just a few months! So don’t delay. Contact us today!