Huzaifa Muhammed: Charging Ahead with his Dream Solution for Keeping Electric Vehicles on the Roadhttps://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/8e1.60e.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/IMG_12411.jpg?time=1602697048 800 450 Monterey Motorsport Park Monterey Motorsport Park https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/ebc850999cc676f2f74b35203a47dd24?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Huzaifa Muhammed — “H” to pretty much everyone — has had a passion for cars for years.
“When I was 7 or 8, my grandfather — who lived in the U.S. — visited our family in Pakistan. He brought me a toy electric car. I put in a battery and was excited to play with it. But I asked, ‘Why can’t we have real cars that run on electric power?’ He answered, ‘That won’t happen for another 100 years, but perhaps once you grow up, you can accelerate the process.’”Huzaifa Muhammed
Today, just two decades later, H is 27 years old and the founder and CEO of ChargeWheel — the first company in the U.S. capable of providing mobile charging to power vehicles or anything electric — from cars and trucks to bikes, scooters and even concerts or events. The fast-rising startup has so far attracted $3 million in venture capital funding.
ChargeWheel dispatches its mobile charging solutions in cargo vans to assist drivers of electric vehicles who are stranded on a highway or byway. The company’s innovative solutions can provide enough of a charge in 10-15 minutes for 50 miles of driving. A number of insurance companies are already interested in using ChargeWheel to supply roadside services.
ChargeWheel is also working directly with a number of auto manufacturers, which are testing new electric vehicles in assorted environments and locations nationwide, to ensure that no matter how remote the setting, they will always be able to keep the vehicles on the road. Early customers include Allstate Insurance, Mercedes, Porsche, and Audi — among others.
Immersed in a Welcoming Car Culture
ChargeWheel has chosen to locate at Monterey Motorsport Park, along Highway 68 on the Monterey Peninsula. The company has leased, with an option to buy, two upscale garage-condo units totaling just over 3,000 sq. ft. of space.
“There’s a large and welcoming car culture here,” says H. “Being part of a community with people who are so passionate about the automobile industry provides additional motivation for our team.”
In addition, H describes the location as ideal — close to the airport and to the track at WeatherTech Laguna Seca Raceway, which serves as a test environment for some vehicles ChargeWheel is working on. The company settled on the lease with an option to buy approach to gain additional flexibility in dealing with the current unpredictable economic climate. But at this point, H is very pleased with his decision to locate at Monterey Motorsport Park.
“Everyone I’ve met to-date — from the managing members to the brokers and other garage-condo owners — has been really passionate not only about cars, but also about the complex,” H remarks. “As a young company looking to the future, this type of support is really helpful.”
To learn more about ChargeWheel and its mobile-charging solutions, visit chargewheel.com.
Garage-Condos Sold-Out! Want to Submit a Backup Offer?
Unfortunately, the last of the garage-condos in this unique car community sold out this week. However, some of the units in escrow have contingencies attached, based on obtaining funding or other considerations. If you’d like to submit a backup offer, please reach out to the brokerage team below.
Every unit at Monterey Motorsport Park includes the following amenities:
- Spacious mezzanine, customizable into a personal office or plush retreat
- Oversized rollup door for easy vehicle access
- Walk-in door for comfortable entry for you and your guests
- 24×7 proactive video monitoring of the complex, plus access-controlled entry gates and security lighting
- High-speed, fiber optic Internet options for TV and VoIP phone service
- On-site car wash, EV charging stations, compressed air and water, and community restrooms with showers
Contact one of our brokers regarding any backup offer, or for more information:
- Josh Jones, Mahoney & Associates, email@example.com, (831) 233-2196
- Ryan Clark, Cushman & Wakefield, Ryan.p.Clark@cushwake.com, (831) 755-1635
- Dennis Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org, (408) 605-6760
- You can also get in touch with Gordon McCall, who has moved his business into a unit at Monterey Motorsport Park, at email@example.com or call (831) 372-9311.
- Or you can contact Ralph Borelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 521-7117.