Wall Street Journal article on Monterey Motorsport Park co-developer details his start on the road to success
Two years before he was old enough to apply for a driver’s license, Gordon McCall — host of the annual McCall’s Motorworks Revival, which kicks off Monterey Car Week each August, and a highly successful local businessman — came to a crossroads.
He had seen an ad for a 1969 Honda CL90 motorcycle, which he desperately wanted. But he knew his mother would say no. So, he did what most future entrepreneurs would do. He assembled the necessary funds (he sold his 10-speed bicycle and pooled his earnings from lawn work) and he made the investment.
And that little bike — which he still owns and rides — started him on a lifelong odyssey that’s led him to become one of the most recognizable motorsports aficionados on the car crazy Monterey Peninsula. Read the full article in the Wall Street Journal here.
One of the Driving Forces Behind Monterey Motorsport Park
McCall’s latest passion is Monterey Motorsport Park — the next evolution in luxury garage-condos — located near the Monterey Airport. The unique car community, which is attracting interest from car collectors as well as businesses and individuals who simply need more storage space in a secure, gated facility, offers 86 garage units for purchase — ranging in size from just less than 700 sq. ft. to nearly 2,600 sq. ft.
McCall plans to move his successful firm, McCall Events, to Monterey Motorsport Park as soon as it opens later this year. His wife, Molly, a noted painter and photographer, will also create a gallery for her artwork in the complex.
Luxury amenities at Monterey Motorsport Park include:
- A sleek, attractive design unlike any common mini-storage facility you’ve seen
- A spacious mezzanine in every unit, 13 feet above the garage floor and accessible via an interior staircase, which garage-condo owners are customizing into an office, leisure space, or simply using for additional storage
- Roll-up as well as walk-in doors, to accommodate vehicles and their owners and guests
- High-speed Internet service and cable TV options
- Access-controlled entry gates, security lighting, plus video of the facility’s perimeter and unit entrances — with 24×7 proactive remote guarding
- The advantage of purchasing, rather than renting month after month — to lock in costs based on today’s low interest rates
Garage-Condos Are Going Fast
Approximately half of the garage-condos have been reserved and with construction steadily progressing, owners are finalizing their purchases — so the remaining selection is rapidly dwindling. Check out the live construction cam here.
To learn more about Monterey Motorsport Park, contact our brokerage team:
- Josh Jones, Cushman & Wakefield, Josh.Jones@cushwake.com, (831) 647-2106
- Ryan Clark, Cushman & Wakefield, Ryan.p.Clark@cushwake.com, (831) 755-1635
- Dennis Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org, (408) 605-6760
You can also contact Gordon McCall, who’s part of the development team and will be relocating his business — McCall Events — to the community upon build-out, at email@example.com or call (831) 372-9311. Or you can contact Ralph Borelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 521-7117.