It’s happening all around the Monterey Bay area. In quaint little cottages on the beach in Carmel. Rustic coastal cabins in Santa Cruz. And especially, in new high-density housing that’s being built in response to soaring land values.
Home garages are pulling a disappearing act.
Anywhere living space is at a premium, the first thing to be eliminated is the garage. As older residences are renovated, it’s quite common to see garages converted into needed family space. And many new condo, townhome and apartment developments are being built with no private and secure garage space.
Unfortunately, this trend is in direct opposition to the lifestyles we lead here on the Monterey Peninsula. We’re active. We surf, sail or windsurf. We camp in our scenic parks. We own mountain bikes and diving gear, tents and camping equipment, boats and RVs — not to mention multiple vehicles, often including vintage cars that we enjoy working on. And without a garage, there’s nowhere to store anything.
Offsite Garage Storage Is the Answer
Monterey Motorsport Park not only solves this by offering the offsite garage storage you need — but it also represents the next generation of garage-condos, a worthy successor to the sold-out luxury garage-condo developments elsewhere on the Monterey Peninsula and in Santa Cruz.
Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find it here:
- A security-conscious development adjacent to Monterey Regional Airport with access-controlled gates, abundant lighting, video in common areas, and proactive remote guarding service
- Garage-condo units in all sizes from less than 700 sq. ft. to approximately 2,600 sq. ft., with ceilings of up to 25 feet
- The flexibility to store almost anything: your collector or track cars, valuable wine collections, household stuff from vacation home furniture to holiday decorations, business materials such as financial records or additional merchandise, and even a boat or RV in the largest units in selected locations within the complex
- A mezzanine in every unit that’s 13 feet above the garage floor — most owners will be customizing this into a personal office or their own leisure retreat getaway
- Connections for optional Internet and VoIP phone service, as well as cable TV hookups
- An attractive, modern design with stone wall treatments and welcoming entry canopies for some units — this is nothing like self-storage
Sales Pace Steady as First Move-In Approaches
Monterey Motorsport Park is on schedule for the first owners to move in before the end of 2019 — with all units expected to be available in Q1 2020. This timetable is sparking increasing sales activity — reducing the selection that’s available.
Don’t miss out on the chance to pick your favorite unit in your preferred location within the four-building complex. For more information and a detailed review of the garage-condos that remain available, contact our brokerage team:
- Josh Jones, Cushman & Wakefield, Josh.Jones@cushwake.com, (831) 647-2106
- Ryan Clark, Cushman & Wakefield, Ryan.p.Clark@cushwake.com, (831) 755-1635
- Dennis Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org, (408) 605-6760
- You can also get in touch with Gordon McCall, who’s part of the development team and will be relocating his business — McCall Events — to the community upon build-out, at email@example.com or call (831) 372-9311.
- Or you can contact Ralph Borelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 521-7117.